Poetry About Break Ups
Broken hearts are never healed. They haunt us for a lifetime even if we find someone else. Our past teaches us lessons that make us more aware and more human. Why then do we feel so hurt knowing it can only get better? Break ups are never easy, but writing poems help the healing process.
Breaking up with someone you care about is one of the toughest decisions any of us will ever have to go through. Dealing with the pain and heart break is never easy. We just have to live the days as they are set out and not live in the past.
Article continues below...
All of us have had a broken heart. Even if it was a childhood sweetheart who left us for another boy who gave her a lollipop or a ten year marriage ended by adultery.
Personal Break Up Poetry
These poems are written by me, Gary R. Hess, as a way to help heal my past broken hearts after break ups. It wasn't easy, but writing my thoughts helped me get through the tough times.
- Confused - What is this feeling I have?
- Disappearing Love - What happened to our love?
- Goodbye - I don't really want to say goodbye
- The Healing Heart - Shattered heart forced to heal
- I Thought - I thought I finally received a break
- Limerick Larry - A man was broken up with for his gardner
- Lost Love - I loved you more than I have ever known
- Love? - When love has come
- Night - The night we met I felt so good
- Time Lost - Wasting a lifetime
- To Betty - The break up with a long time girlfriend
- The Wait - Time Clicks as I await
- Was - I hate the way you treated me